I made a delicious grilled chicken parm tonight! And that is saying a lot – because I’m practically known for my traditional chicken parm. It is fantastic. But it’s breaded and fried…and not what I wanted to eat after being so good for 21 days.
- Chicken Breasts (I used thin cut)
- Olive Oil
- Italian Seasoning
- Sliced Mozzarella cheese
- Pesto (optional)
- Tomato sauce (I love Victoria – all good ingredients)
- Drizzle a little olive oil on the chicken – rub it around.
- Sprinkle with a little Italian Seasoning (to taste).
- Grill chicken until just about done.
- Before taking off the grill, top with sliced mozzarella cheese. Close grill lid and let cheese get melty.
- Before serving, spread a little pesto on top (if desired) and spoon tomato sauce on top.
I served the above with garlicky broccolini (recipe here).
The kids missed my traditional guilt-ridden parm, but all agreed this was an acceptable alternative. Hubby and I thought it was more than acceptable – it was super quick and DELISH!.
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.